7 Key Danger Signals to look for
1. Blistering and/or peeling of outside paint.
Possible cause: Excessive moisture or high humidity due to poor attic ventilation.
2. Dark, “dirty-looking” areas on your roof.
Possible causes: Environmental pollutants; vegetation, fungus, or algae growth; loss of granules due to age of shingles.
3. Roof shingle, sheathing, and siding decay.
Possible cause: Poor attic ventilation.
4. Excessive energy costs.
Possible cause: Insufficient attic ventilation causes heating/cooling system to run excessively.
5. Leakage in attic after driving rain.
Possible causes: Leaky or inadequate shingle underlayment; deteriorated flashing.
6. Missing, cracked, or curling shingles.
Possible cause: Shingles have reached the end of their useful life.
7. Stains on interior ceilings and walls or mold and mildew growth.
Possible causes: Inadequate or faulty shingle underlayment allowing leakage, or inadequate ventilation.
For any concerns you may have, contact us today to arrange a meeting with one of our expert staff. They’ll come to your home and provide you with an assessment of your roofing needs.